Elvis in the Loo

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Blog Stew

After my ranting last week in my doctor’s office etiquette blog (which, I do sincerely hope that my readers learned something), I am simply going to toss out a random mix of my life in recent days.

1. It’s been stinking hot lately. Grotesquely hot. Happily, it cooled down significantly this weekend, but the temperatures are rising again. I am not made for this kind of smothering heat and humidity. I was even thinking about winter this morning, of winter coats and warm sweaters. And, yes, of Christmas. Autumn is actually my most favorite time of year, when the air is cool and crisp and it smells like falling leaves, and I’m happy to know that it’s just a couple of months away.

2. I have recently rediscovered the joys of animal crackers and jello. Both are cheap, and not too horribly bad for you. And, identifying what the ‘animals’ actually are in the 98 cent Wal-mart bag is actually quite amusing!

3. Hard core yard-salers freak me out. Who really is passionate about getting out of bed at 5 a.m. on a Saturday?

4. I've realized lately (and really, I believe the Holy Spirit has something to do with this) that I am not a kind person. Some people are naturally kind and compassionate and 'nice.' I do not fall into this category. I think I'm kind to people I enjoy and like, but the people I don't know (and especially who I dislike), I barely treat with courtesy. I notice this particularly at work. Patients drive me crazy, and I know I've been -- to my shame -- downright rude sometimes. I feel like God is bringing this to my attention, and I need to work on this in a big way. Part of the fruit of the Spirit is kindness, and it scares me that I'm not seeing that particular 'fruit' in my life.

5. The tires (I feel weird not spelling ‘tires’ ‘tyres’ as the English do) on my car need air. I do not know how to take care of this. I own a tire gauge, and I actually do know how to use it. In fact, I can check the air pressure in my tires all by myself . . . but I’m not sure about the whole putting more air in my tires part. In theory, I know how to put air in my tires, but I’m nervous about doing it. I’m afraid I’d put too much air in and they’d explode in the gas station parking lot. Sometimes I really wish I had some close guy friends who would be willing to do the masculine things a girl’s got to do occasionally.

6. I get to go to Atlanta in a couple of weeks to see a Braves game. Am I excited? Heck, yes!

7. I just read an article online about the world’s most expensive home. Said home is close to Windsor Castle in England, and is valued at 75 million pounds ($130 million area). It has 103 rooms, five swimming pools, and a 100 plus-seat ‘screening room.’ That is not a house – it is a luxury hotel.

8. Guys who wear ‘random glasses’ are hot.

9. JT and I spent an hour on the elliptical machines at the gym yesterday.

10. And finally, because I realize this blog really has no point, I will leave you with this word of advice: A great way to enter a room is to do a forward roll. Don’t ever underestimate the power of a somersault.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger fabricsnob said…

    cue "girl power" music:

    Re. #5. Girl.. you don't need guys! I can help. Better yet, take yourself down to the BP around the corner and ask the nice man to air your tires up. He will probably show you how to do it too. But if he doesn't, I'll volunteer. Or you can borrow my dad/brother since yours are farther away. =)

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger amanda said…

    that was my suggestion, FS, before i even read your post! great minds!
    michelle, that BP is super friendly to women. i squeaked in there one late afternoon a couple years ago w/ some really really really bad brakes and i had new ones and a smooth rotor in 2 hrs.

    actually, i would like to know how to change a tire....

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger amanda said…

    not-so-funny story! i just ate my words! i know where all the tire-changing parts are in my car
    AND how to change a tire now b/c i got a flat sometime b/t midnight-7am sunday a.m.! muchos gracias go out to neighbor tim and brandon for helping out!
    now let's just hope & pray i don't need a new tire....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home