Elvis in the Loo

Friday, June 16, 2006

This week's hits and misses

Friday afternoon at the office. Quiet. Peaceful. Kind of boring.

My stomach is full of Orange Peel Chicken from Pei Wei (courtesy of my sister), and my work is done. I'm here until 4 to answer the phones and do the deposit.

It's been an interesting week. I feel like I've dealt with such an extreme range of emotions, stayed up far too late pretty much every night, and neglected time alone with God and myself for reasons which can be more correctly termed as poor excuses.

But overall, this week hasn't been too bad. Actually, it's been . . . well, I just wrote it in the preceding paragraph: interesting. Here are some of the highs and lows of the past seven days.

HITS
** My new haircut is cute. Really cute. Even the doctors here complimented me on it (and I feel like that is near miraculous).
** The gorgeous sunshiny weather day after day after day.
** Pay day. Need I say more?
** Working out at the gym last night with Jen. We braved it and tried out some of the weight machines. And it's fun to go to the gym with a friend.
** I was introduced to Eddy's Limited Edition Butterfinger ice cream this week. Which basically means I was introduced to heaven in a bowl.
** I was also introduced to High School Musical, which is sheer joy and cheesiness all wrapped up into a 96 minute long movie.
** I had 'park time' twice this week. Bliss.
** I heard from some of my far-flung friends via e-mail: Andrea in Japan, Joanne/Victoria/Lydia in England, and Kevin in Scotland.


MISSES
** The over-abundance of extremely high-maintenance patients this week. Is it the full moon, or what?
** I had to pay my car insurance today. Boo. (But, hallelujah, God provided).
** I bought a cute new shirt, but I think it fits me all wrong. I'm wearing it today, and I'm starting to feel awkward about it. Hmmmm . . .
** Lack of sleep (but I have only myself to blame).
** Unhappy e-mails from people who I wish had been brave/considerate enough to speak to me in person.

I am so excited about sleeping in tomorrow. I'm kind of afraid our maintenence men will decide 7 a.m. Saturday morning would be the perfect time to mow the grass. Praying not.

Sunday is my praise team debut at church. I am nervous, and trying to not to think about it.

It's been a great week. I'm praying for an even more fabulous weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Adam Thompson said…

    You're going to have to tell me how your debut went, yo. Hey, at least you had more hits than misses, right? As my fortune cookie said today at lunch: "Time heals all wounds. Keep your chin up." Seriously, that's what it said. Eh, what can you do?

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Jennifer Thompson said…

    The gym WAS fun! And we were brave!

    You're a fantastic person and friend. Just wanted you to know that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home