Elvis in the Loo

Friday, June 09, 2006

Winding down the work week with a few factazoids on Friday afternoon

Last night, my sister and I watched 'King Arthur: The Director's Cut.' In England, where I was living when it came out, I was told to never, ever watch it. Aside from the fact that Clive Owen and Ioan Gruffedd are both super manly and hot and have lead roles, I now understand why I was instructed to avoid said movie. While beautifully shot, it was somewhat confusing and flat and abrupt. So there. Today's free movie review by Michelle.

I heart Vitamin Water. Have you tried it? It's yummy, and it makes me feel like I'm doing something healthier than drinking soda (even diet ones) all the time. Sometimes plain water just doesn't cut it! However, I do wonder if Vitamin Water is really beneficial at all. In fact, one of the doctors saw me drinking it the other day and read the bottle. He, too, wasn't sure it was really as healthy as the VW marketeers would like me to think. Alas, I think I'll live in this water fantasy world a bit longer -- I really quite enjoy the stuff! Plus, it is sold in organic/health food shops. Surely it can't be all that bad.

Today I am getting my hair cut . . . by a man. I've never had a male hairdresser before, and I'm slightly nervous about this new experience. Yet, at the same time, I'm also intrigued. And excited about having a new do.

This week, I've made an effort to read more, and I'm glad that I have. Currently, I am reading Emily Ever After -- a cute, light-hearted, Christian chic-lit novel, which is great for winding down before bed. It's funny and witty and makes me feel happy.

On a more serious note, I am reading Every Woman's Battle as part of my 'quiet time'. This book is about a woman's struggle for sexual integrity -- physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It's interesting to really break down what it means to have sexual integrity and purity. Believe me, I was way more aware of my thoughts last night as I watched Clive and Ioan!

It's 3 p.m. Only an hour to go! Tomorrow I get to go to a dodgeball tournament -- my first one ever! I'm excited to see what this is all about.

Happy weekend to all and to all a good Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home