Elvis in the Loo

Friday, June 30, 2006

The Week in Review

Here I sit at my desk Friday afternoon at the office. We've pretty much been sans doctors for three days, and for the most part the office has been calm and quiet, plus I had yesterday afternoon and this morning off. It's been a good week indeed.

I feel like this week has been a good balance of busy and relaxing. I've had work and social activities, but also some excellent 'park time' spent with God. I've spent some wonderful time with friends, but I've also had some great time by myself. I feel good inside, and on the outside my tan is progressing very nicely!

After my last couple of blogs which have been composed after some deep soul searching, I'm going to keep this one lighter and share some simple moments of the week that have impacted me, be it for good or ill.

1. In Harry Potter news, J.K. Rowling admitted that at least two characters will perish in the seventh and final H.P. book. This has struck a chord worldwide with the millions of devoted Harry fans . . . myself included. Who will the two fatally wounded characters be? Speculation is rife these days, and I have read some of these predictions on the internet. In my opinion, I hope and pray it's not any of the three main characters (as in Harry, Ron or Hermione) -- especially Ron, because, let's face it, I've always had a bit of crush on him.

2. I tried out a new LUSH bath product this week: Pop in the Bath. Glorious smell and loads of bubbles. Tres gorgeous!

3. On Wednesday, I tragically dropped a two-hole puncher on my nearly naked besandled foot. Ouch! I now have a beautiful battle wound on my left foot under my big toe. It's amazing the injuries office equipment can inflict.

4. And finally, to my utter joy (and surprise), I found out that I can purchase online, episodes of my favorite cartoon show of all time: Voltron. I was just starting school when this show aired, and my first romance was with Keith of the Red Lion. I truly didn't distinguish that he was merely a cartoon character, and was only really alive in my imagination. I pretty much did a whole project about him for school in first grade. And yes, I did own a toy Voltron 'doll.' I was hardcore! And now, I can be reunited with this wonderful Japanimation show -- all 72 episodes can be mine for $100. Could this be the price of true love?

I told you that this was not a deep blog, and you can see that I wasn't lying! Among all these shallow, insignificant thoughts, I've also had many thoughts and discussions about what's real and true and important. A balanced week, indeed.

Final shoutout: Go Team England! I will be watching you tomorrow morning bright and early while I drink my hot, British tea.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Adam Thompson said…

    I'm sorry about England... I was really wanting them to win, too. I don't know who to pull for at this point. Perhaps... perhaps I'll pull for Germany, maybe Brazil... we'll see. I'll be sure to respond to your email a little later on today. Cheer up! Jen's sitting on the couch next to me and I'm sure she's feeling bad for you too... [sniff]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home