Elvis in the Loo

Friday, May 19, 2006

Oh, say can you see?

Friday afternoon at the office. Calm. Quiet. Two hours until home time.

All day, my right contact lens has been driving me crazy. After lunch, I gave in and took it out to examine it. Torn right down the middle. Awesome.

So, now I am sitting here, wearing my glasses -- which are broken, and are constantly falling off my face -- in public. I can't decide about glasses and me. Do I look like a nerd? Or do they give me a whole new look, as in 'sexy librarian' or 'smouldering secretary'? I don't know. All I do know is that I don't feel like myself when I wear my glasses. They make me feel awkward and unsure of myself. Isn't that strange?

I'm going with a group of friends tonight to see 'The DaVinci Code'. I'm probably most excited about seeing Lincoln, England, where they filmed a bit of it. Lincoln is one of my favorite places in England, and I would frequently hang out there on my days off. I've been to the heights and depths of the cathedral, which is featured in the movie. I'm thinking it will probably make me very homesick!

For some bizarro reason, I feel like writing a poem. Don't ask me why. I'm just feeling . . . poetic. Hmmmm . . .

Whence Comes a Fortnight
What IS a fortnight?
I do not know that word.
Well, if you are not English,
I guess it sounds absurd.
A fortnight = two weeks.
Aren't you glad you know it?
And only in one fortnight is my birthday,
So don't blow it!

Oh my ridiculousness! I'm such a dork! Anyways . . .

I'm so incredibly thrilled that it's Friday. And behold, the sun doth shine forth. Praying for fun in the sun tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home