Elvis in the Loo

Monday, May 15, 2006

A mish-mash of thoughts for Monday morning

How did the weekend fly by so quickly? Last night, around 9 p.m., I realized that it was already time to start a new work week. This past weekend was a lot of fun in my ways, but also very busy and hectic. I actually feel more tired today than I did on Friday. Not the way I like to start the week. But I'm a survivor, and will get through this. I will.

First of all, I have some amazing news to share. It's unbelievable, and those who know me best will be shocked. I haven't eaten ice cream in two days. *GASP* It's true, it's true. I just don't know what's wrong with me. The weirdest part is, I haven't WANTED ice cream. The desire just has not been there. I've heard that our taste buds kind of renew themselves every seven years, which explains why our preferences for foods change periodically. Do my taste buds not want ice cream anymore? And what will they want next?

I've been missing the sunshine. Today it's cold and kind of cloudy looking. Yesterday was much of the same. I want to sit outside at my spot at the park. Alas, the weather just hasn't been conducive lately. It kind of makes me sad. The corners of my mouth are turning down just thinking about it.

To cheer myself up, I will share something that makes me happy. I bought a new CD on Friday and listened to it yesterday. Oh my. If you're looking for some amazing praise music, check it out. Watermark, A Grateful People. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!

I want to move to Colorado. I heart mountains and clean, fresh air. If Colorado doesn't work out, I'd settle for Liechtenstein or Austria. The Alps would be, you know, okay, I guess. I dream of living in a cabin in the mountains. I feel like it may be part of my destiny.

So, exciting news. My sister moved to Nashville this weekend. She is currently taking up residence on the couch in my apartment until we can find her a good place of her own or a kindhearted roommate. I love my sister. She's one of my heroes. I took her to church with me yesterday and introduced her to a few of my friends. This, to me, is very intimidating. She's cute and petite and outgoing and witty. Next to her, I feel like Brunhilda, the scary Amazonian giantess. I'm super-proud of my little sis, but my self-esteem really takes a dive when I start comparing myself to her. She's just so beautiful and sophisticated. I guess that's why the Bible tells me not to compare myself to others. It's a game I'll never be able to win and it only leads to pride and/or jealousy. Both are pretty gross. Anyways, my sister is here, I'm excited to have her around, but I need to remember that we are both very cool girls, albeit for different reasons. I just need to be moi!

And finally, my birthday is only two-and-a-half weeks away! I'm starting to think about how I'd like to celebrate. Dear readers, do you have any suggestions?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Jennifer Thompson said…

    I love how you'd "settle" for the Alps...

    I felt the same way about my sister-in-law for awhile as you do about your sister. But you and Bethy are both great, even though you're different! I'm excited to get to know her better while she's here, but no worries - you will still get email upon email from me. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home