Elvis in the Loo

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

And it's all downhill from here . . .

Ok, that title kind of sounds negative, but I mean it in a very positive way! It's Wednesday -- half-way through the work week. As of 12:30 today, we're heading straight for the weekend. Yes.

Hmmm . . . I feel like I've got nothing important or exciting to share with my dear readers today. I'm still pining for some sunshine. I'm starting to think England was sunnier than this! I had a better tan in England's May than I do right now. There's something distinctly not right about that. I learned this in the UK -- I need sunshine to keep me upbeat. There's something about that pure-straight-from-the-sun Vitamin D that makes me peppy. I guess you could say, it's my drug of choice. And right now, I'm going through withdrawal.

Oh my word, I just heard a rumor: there are new giraffes at the zoo! I heart giraffes! They are, by far, my favorite animals. And I'm super-jealous of their eyelashes.

Ok, so right now, our waiting room kind of smells like a bowling alley. I think every patient who has walked in here during the past 20 minutes smoked right before coming inside. Goodness. I can taste the smokiness. Ewwey bleh, bleh.

I'm going to share a quote on my page-a-day calendar at work. I don't know where this particular calendar came from, but I've read a quote off of it every day since December 21. Monday's said this: When I look at the galaxies on a clear night -- when I look at the incredible brilliance of creation, and think that this is what God is like, then instead of feeling intimidated and diminished by it, I am enlarged -- I rejoice that I am part of it (Madeleine L'Engle). I love that. Whenever I look at the stars on a clear night away from city lights, it makes me so incredibly happy. I am in awe that the One that I call Father made it all.

Yesterday, after work, needing some good quality Michelle time, I drove (through the torrential downpour) to, where else, Granny White Park. I sat in my car in the deserted parking lot while the rain flooded everything and lightning struck nearby trees and light poles. There were some scary moments, even for me, who would love to quit this office job and become a storm chaser (I kept wondering if the sage advice I'd heard all my life -- that your car is the safest place to be when it's lightning -- is actually true. I was feeling pretty vulnerable.). But I loved it -- the power of it all. Knowing that God is in control -- even of the storms. When the skies cleared, and I could dismiss the lure of Pei Wei no longer, I drove home feeling energized and . . . better. Sort of cleansed, ridiculous as that sounds.

Then I ate Pei Wei.

And watched the season finale of Scrubs.

Utter bliss. I can't complain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home