Elvis in the Loo

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

A post V-Day update

I feel bad that my first blog was semi-depressing. So, in order to cheer this blog up a bit, I'll tell you that Valentine's Day wasn't so bad after all. Angie and I put on dresses and heels, set our new table with our best "company" dishes, and enjoyed a gourmet dinner of chicken pot pie, sweetcorn and tiramisu. Then we watched "Little Women" and cried ourselves silly (not due to V Day depression, but because it's a classic tear-jerker). I went to bed feeling satisfied, thankful for a day well-spent.

What did I learn from this? Although not a new lesson, it's certainly one that needs repeating in my life: your attitude will make or break you! I have a quote hanging in my bedroom, and part of it says, "Your attitude is your best friend or your worst enemy . . . It is the librarian of your past, the speaker of your present, and the prophet of your future." How wise and true those words are! It's something I need reminded of daily, especially on days like yesterday when I wake up feeling like life is unfair and a big, black cloud is sitting on my head!

So, today is a brand new day. I went to court, but was sent home because the scheduled trial went down (why they couldn't let me know this yesterday is beyond me). Tonight is the Young Adult Bible study, followed by a sleepover with the girls. The girls love sleepovers, and I love sleepovers . . . although they remind me that I'm no longer a freshman at university! I can't stay awake all night like I used to without paying for it the rest of the week. Lord, please give me strength!!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Kirsten Alana said…

    michelle, I loved the quote you used here! SO good. hope you don't mind but I quoted it on my blog [and gave you credit].

    knew your brother Brad. and heard a lot about cha over the weeks and months.

    hope you are doing well and enjoying England. I LOVED it when I was there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home