Elvis in the Loo

Monday, February 14, 2005

I think Elvis might live in my loo . . .

Hooray! I have a blog! No promises that I'll be a faithful contributor, but at least I feel I have advanced into the modern world of Internet communication.

Now, about my Blog title: Elvis in the Loo. Just so you know, Angie and I believe that Elvis lives in our bathroom. We also believe there are gypsies in our attic, gnomes under our kitchen sink, and Pakistanis inhabiting our pantry. This is the only way we can make any sense of the odd noises and smells we have encountered in our new home (for example, our pantry smells strongly of stale curry). All the oddities aside, we do love our new house!

So, Happy Valentine's Day! As a spinster with absolutely no prospects, quite honestly, I find this day difficult. As I walked through the town center this afternoon, the millions of rose bouquets, helium-filled balloons and lovey-dovey couples holding hands really bugged me! And the fact that that bugged me, also bugged me! I mean, I should be used to this by now. I shouldn't care that no one sent me a dozen roses or gave me an expensive box of chocolates. I should be secure in the knowledge that I am God's child, and I am well loved. But, deep down inside, I know that I loathe Valentine's Day, and I know exactly why.

And yet, the Bible tells me that God made this day, and I am to rejoice and be glad in it. So, all day I've tried to be extra thankful. This is what I've come up with:

We got a new table and chairs today . . . for free!
Flowers were on sale today . . . so I bought some to decorate our new table.
Valentine's Day is the perfect excuse to buy chocolate . . . so I did.
And now, it's time for dinner. Angie and I are putting on dresses and heels and eating our chicken pot pie in style!

Hope your V Day is just as grand!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    Woohoo! Can't wait to see your insights. Also, for the record, I hate Valentine's, but am taking a cue from Trudy: Mel and Kasey and I are getting dolled up and going out to a concert and flirting with all the guys we see!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home